Monday, February 7, 2011

My Dominknow Profile; A is for Ash

In class, I learnt about my Dominknow profile. I found that a Dominknow profile is type of way you learn. Knowing what profile you are will help you learn best, and see the ways that you can improve. We all found out what kind of learners we are, and I was revealed as logic brained. My profile was profile A. These are a couple facts that I've uncovered while finding out my learning style.

I learn best when things are done sequentially. This is due to me being logic brained. Many times in class I feel that things need to be written down for me to see and do step-by-step. I also learn well when I'm able to get up and interact with others to encourage learning. Instructions are very helpful and simple for me, as I sometimes cannot be able to think in many levels.

I need to try and see the 'big picture', because for 'A' profile learners, it's often hard to access the gestalt side of the brain. Doing simple Brain gym is great for getting rid of stress, and having a larger thinking capacity.

The strategies that would help me in my learning would be to understand and analyze information to it's fullest. It would help me under stress. It helps me to do lazy 8's on my palm to reconnect my 'super thinking highway'. This can relieve my stress, while also allowing me to see the 'big picture'. I often fidget with things in class, like squeezing my rubber, twirling my pencil, and doodling. It helps me relax, and open up.

I would like my teachers to know that I prefer visual learning. It helps me greatly to see steps written down on the board or somewhere else. Also, I like moving around in class and interacting with others in activities. It benefits me by allowing me to fully understand to concept by acting it out. Speaking aloud is one of my strengths.

No comments:

Post a Comment